Terms and conditions
- The SWE Honorary Engineering STEM Award (SHE STEM Award or SHE Award) is a
Competition for the selection of the best bachelor thesis from all Science, Technology, Engineering,
Mathematics (STEM) fields which is organized by Society of Women Engineers Brno affiliate
- Competition is open to all female students (Participants) from any technical university in the Czech
Republic with their bachelor thesis focused on science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- Participants are required to register for the Competition by submitting a registration form via web
- Each submission must be accurate and complete in all aspects and contain all required information.
Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any
late, lost or misdirected submissions including delays and/or failure of any electronic or
telecommunication systems, including but not limited to technical faults and/or network
disruptions/congestions. The Organizer is not responsible for any technical or human error which
may occur during the registration and/or administration of the Competition.
- Participants may be required by the Organizer to provide further information and shall do so within
the timeframe specified by the Organizer for the information to be furnished, failing which the
Participant would be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition.
- The official language of the competition grand final event is English.
- By entering the Competition, each Participant represents and warrants that she: (a) meets all
eligibility requirements of the Competition; (b) has complied with and will comply in all respects
with these Rules, and all applicable laws; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s
submission, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in
- Any false information provided within the context of the Competition by any Participant or noncompliance with any of the Competition Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination
of the Participant from the Competition.
- Categories are determined as follows:
Technology – field of studies around IT, communication technologies and computing
Engineering – field of studies around engineering and electrotechnics
Mathematics – field of studies around mathematics
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Categories at their discretion and without having to
give prior notification. The Participant will be notified of the change after the update.
- All submitted entries shall be pre-evaluated by the representant of SWE Brno Affiliate. SWE Brno
Affiliate representant will reserve the sole discretion to shortlist solutions which will be further
evaluated by a panel of Judges/Evaluators consisting of STEM professional representatives from
SWE Brno Affiliate, Honeywell, and other partners of the competition.
- The Judge’s/Evaluator’s decisions in all matters relating to the Competition, including eligibility of
the Participants and the selection of the winners, will be final and the Judges shall not be obliged
to entertain any correspondence or queries in relation to the same. Participants are advised to
understand the judging criteria (see 17.) well to improve their chances of success.
- The Organizer reserve the right to disqualify entries which, in their sole discretion, are deemed
irrelevant, offensive, and/or do not comply with these Rules. The Organizer reserves the right to
disqualify or replace any winner if she is found to be in breach of these Rules or otherwise
- The Organizer reserve the right to change any part of the evaluation or selection process and its
criteria at their discretion and without having to give prior notification. The Participant will be
notified of the change after the terms are updated.
- From the moment of registration for the Competition, all Participants acknowledge and agree to be
present for all meetings and events as requested and scheduled by the Organizer.
- Criteria of thesis evaluation: quality of STEM related topic presented in the thesis, topic overlap
into practice, impact in the real world, intelligibility, uniqueness
- Criteria of winner selection: quality of presentation, self-representation, topic overlap into practice,
impact in a real-world application, intelligibility, uniqueness
- professional mentoring by an assigned STEM mentor from partnering companies of
- One year paid membership in global organization Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- involving access to
- SWE Career center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning
- SWE Advance Learning center for accessing workshops, training, professional development seminars etc.
- Mentoring program by foreign professional provided by SWE as part of membership upon request
- All prizes and accompanying program events/activities are applicable only for Participants who
pass through the Evaluation process and become Finalists and/or Winner.
- Finalists will receive the following prizes:
- The winner will receive all the above-mentioned Finalists prizes and the following prizes:
- Participation as a presenter of the winning bachelor thesis within a professional
- environment at the European conference WE Local organized by SWE.
- Airfare, full pension and housing during days of WE Local conference.
- Expansion of network of contacts by global professionals during WE Local conference.
- Professional guidance and accompaniment during attendance of WE Local conference.
- A highly valuable addition to the winner’s Curriculum Vitae by winning a national
- competition and presentation on European level
- The Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to change or cancel any part of the mentioned
prizes and without having to give prior notification. The Participant will be notified of the change
after the prizes are updated.
V. MEDIA USAGE
- By entering this Competition, Participants consent to the use of their personal data defined in GDPR
by the Organizer for the purposes of any post-Competition activities and/or publicity. Participants
agree to take part in any publicity relating to the Competition as well as to the use of their names
and photographs in such publicity.
- Participants acknowledge and agree to participate and cooperate in all media and promotional
activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed,
and videoed at any time during the Competition Period. Participants grant the Organizer a noroyalty/fee, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, display
and/or create derivative works of such footages and photographs in all media worldwide, including
online social media and networking websites without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and
without prior inspection or approval. Participants agree to execute additional specific consents to
such use if asked to do so.
- Registration is open from 6.6.2022 till 30.9.2022 (including).
- Evaluation from Science, Technical, Engineering and/or Mathematical point of view in the
mentioned areas by a group of professionals provided by partnering companies of Competition will
happen between 1.10.2022 and 19.10.2022. Evaluation criteria are mentioned under section III.
- All Participants are provided with an opportunity to gain additional up to 20% of evaluation points
by submitting a video with a length of 3-5 min which includes the following
- Introduction of Participant.
- Introduction of a bachelor thesis.
- Motivation for submitting the registration for the SHE STEM Award Competition.
- Selection of finalists will happen by 21.10.2022. All Participants will be notified about the
evaluation outcome and whether the Participant proceeds to the next phase of the Competition.
Information about the assignment of a professional mentor will be provided at the same time.
- Mentoring of finalists will happen from 26.10.2022 till 22.11.2022 which includes 1 generic
training about presentation skills and 3 separate hours with professional mentor at minimum. The
goal of professional mentoring is to provide support, advice, tips and tricks for the creation or
update of a bachelor thesis presentation for the Grand Finale presentation.
- Requirements for Grand Finale presentation of bachelor thesis:
- Language of presentation: English
- Length of the presentation: 20 minutes
- Length of time for questions from the audience or jury members: 10 minutes
- Amount of presentation slides: up to the Participant and assigned mentor decision
- Format of presentation: PPT or PDF file
- All presentations should be sent by 22.11.2022 23:59 on the email
- The Grand Finale event with the presentation of finalists and winner selection will happen on
- The Grand Finale Evaluation criteria are mentioned under section III. Judging.
- The Grand Finale event time schedule consists of
- Presentation of Winner from SHE STEM Award 2021,
- Bachelor thesis presentations,
- Job fair with partnering companies of Competition.
- The Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition
or any part thereof at any time or re-schedule the dates of the Competition or extend the
- The Organizer may terminate or suspend the competition at any time at its sole and absolute
discretion. Such termination or suspension will not give rise to any claim by the Participant. The
Organizer reserves the right not to award prizes if in its opinion none of the submissions received
is of sufficient merit.
- These Rules shall constitute the entire agreement between the Organizer and the Participant and
supersede all prior representations, arrangements, understandings, and agreements between the
Parties (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter herein contained.
- If any of the clauses of these Rules is found to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, such invalidity
shall not affect the validity and operation of the other remaining provisions of these Rules.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules at their discretion and without having to give
prior notification. The Participant will be notified of the change after the terms are updated.